Thursday, May 20, 2010

Powerful Secret Of Touching People



I’m Inspire by an evangelism model in the book of Luke 10:5-9

"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. "When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.' Ed Silvoso put it out well in his book Prayer Evangelism:

1.)   Bless: Bring peace to them
Speaking peace to people and to the systems that are around us. 
I cannot change what I do not embrace.

2.)   Fellowship: Fellowship with them,
Listening to find out where the pain and brokenness is. 
I cannot fix what I don’t know is broken.

3.)   Minister: Meet their need (Pray for them)
Talking to God about someone else’s problem. 
I connect man’s need with God’s resources.

4.)   Declare: Share with them,
Letting it be known that the kingdom of God is near. 
I confirm that the power and presence of God is “in the neighborhood”.

Story time: Share with you what the LORD has done, As my wife and I collect our laundry we chat with Mr. Phen (Indian) and we ask him is there anything I can pray for you? (Following the evangelism model from Luke 10:5-9) To our surprise he said “I very into Jesus but have not personally know him yet because of his wife.” But we encourage him and ask him to “personally accept Jesus into his life. God love you and your family He will take care of your wife and family.” Praise the Living God he give himself to the LORD that day.

More story: My wife lost her precious camera which has been following her for more than 4 years, last year mission trip. She was looking for it up and down and call people that she can think of to help her to find it. As I writing this email to my surprising, I recall that day before CNY when we buy our new camera, we found “the lost”. Joseph is one of the brother we found in our Treasure Hunt Luke 15:8-10. Is amazing, how beautiful are God plans, as we look hard for the treasure that  precious to us. God also has His precious treasure need us to look for. Luke 15:31-32

Food for thought: 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.'

1 comment: